Attendance & Procedures
Phone: (925) 682-4030 ext. 5678
Parents/guardians can leave a message at their convenience 24 hours a day.
Phone: (925) 682-4030 ex: 3445
Hours: 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Permit to Leave
- It is mandatory that students obtain a “Permit to Leave” slip before departing campus.
- A student who needs to leave school for any legitimate reason (for example, a doctor or dentist appointment) must have a parent call 682-4030 ext. 3445 or bring a note before school prior to 9:00 a.m. the day of the intended appointment to obtain a permit.
- It is the studentʼs responsibility to come to the Attendance Office before school, at brunch, or lunch on the day of his/her appointment to obtain the permit.
- A phone recorder allows parents to call at their convenience 24 hours a day. Phone 682-4030 ext. 5678.
- Please provide the following information:
- Studentʼs full name and grade. PLEASE SPEAK CLEARLY AND SPELL THE STUDENTʼS LAST NAME.
- The reason for the absence or tardy. The reason must be stated clearly. (We cannot accept undefined excuses such as family business or family emergency.)
- The date(s) of the absence or tardy. Include time of tardy or partial day absences.
- Give your name and relationship to the student – you must be a parent or guardian.
If a student is absent or tardy to school, a parent or guardian must call the school within 72 hours to clear the absence. After 72 hours, all pending absences not previously excused will remain electronically recorded as unexcused.
- LEGAL ABSENCES
- 1. Illness or Injury (including head lice)
- 2. Medical & Dental appointments
- 3. Funeral services (immediate family only)
- 4. Approved school related activities (field trips)
- 5. Court appearances
- 6. Observation of Religious holidays
- 7. Job interview or conference
- 8. Family emergency (emergency must be clearly stated)
- 9. Obtain required immunizations
- LEGAL ABSENCES
- Parents/guardians can expect a recorded message from our automated calling system when their child has missed one or more classes.
- These calls will be made between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. the day of the absence.
- If parent/guardian has questions about their childʼs attendance or would like to speak directly to the Attendance Secretary, call 682-4030 ext. 3445 between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.